Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sunday 7/7 through Wednesday 7/10

Hi! I know it has been a while since I last posted but things have been busy here in Seoul. On Sunday we spent a few hours in Gangnam before heading over to Hongdae to meet up with the summer school program to attend a Nanta cooking show. The show was very few words but highly entertaining and enjoyable. Monday was a boring day of classes and studying and completing a presentation for my afternoon class on Tuesday. A few of the ONU students went to the IMAX theater downtown and watched World War Z in 4D. They told me I missed an amazing experience; honestly, I think they missed the amazing experience I had of not having to walk up and down the hill between our dorms and the theater. Tuesday was great. I got back a test from my first class and received a 100% but don't think I'm bragging-i still missed 10 points, the professor decided to put a 10 point curve on it since it was our first test and my presentation in my second class went well. That evening we met with two future ONU polar bears and went to a pizza place that is styled more like American pizza than Korean pizza. (Koreans put everything on their pizzas: potato wedges, corn, honey, and really no tomato sauce.) After pizza, we headed up the N Seoul Tower once again to give the Korean girls their first view of their city from the tower. It was beautiful to see the city all bright and shinning in the night. This morning we headed out for another field trip with the summer program. Today they allowed us to pick entrance into either Caribbean Bay-a water park or Everland-a theme park. We decided to go to the water park and spent most of the day running from one slide to the next to the hot springs and sauna. We got back to campus around 8 pm and headed off in search of a quick dinner before coming back to a few hours of studying for classes again tomorrow.



Caribbean Bay wave pool with waves so large you had to rent a life jacket to enter- I took this picture at closing time so they had already emptied the pool



dumplings for dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment